ENTRIES TO MEFFYS 2016 HAVE NOW CLOSED.
There are 9 awards available for 2016. Visit Meffys 2016 Categories to learn more about the awards & criteria for 2016. The Rules of Entry and FAQs provide more information about how the awards work and what the judges will be looking for.
Submit your entries in 3 easy steps:
- Create your Meffys entry account and complete your contact information
- Choose one or more categories to enter
- Complete all the fields in the online form – this includes providing links to a video demo and company/product websites
Focus on the specific criteria listed in the category description and provide as much evidence as possible in the form – evidence via facts and figures is much more valuable than a marketing pitch.
Our submission forms consist of the following questions:
- Description of product, app, initiative or service (Max 200 words – please give as much detail as possible. This is your chance to grab the judges attention)
- Objectives of your product, app, initiative or service (Max 200 words)
- Target markets and approach for reaching these targets (Max 200 words)
- Evidence of success backed by facts and figures (where possible.) When discussing figures, tell the judges what the actual figures were, rather than just using percentages. This will add credibility to your submission and give the judges a better understanding of your successes.
A well-written entry form, with proof of success and a video goes a long way!
Please note: if you are a PR agency entering on behalf of your client, please enter the name of the company you are representing.
You can edit your entries as much as you like (prior to submitting them) – just save your work before exiting and it will be there when you log back in using the email address you have registered your account with.
Once you are happy with your entries, simply hit submit. You will receive a confirmation email once you have submitted your entry please keep this for your records. Remember, your entries will not be counted until they have been submitted and paid for.
RULES of ENTRY:
1. An entry is defined as a written submission proposing a product, service, app, platform or initiative for one award category. Admin fees are payable (via credit card or paypal) for each entry submitted. Please note: if the same entry is submitted for more than one category, there will be no additional charge.
2. The deadline for entries is WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5th, 2016. Submissions must be received and admin fees paid before 11:59PM (GMT) on this date to be eligible for entry.
3. Any entry may be withdrawn up until 11.59pm on Wednesday, OCTOBER 5th, 2016 (the closing date) upon written request to the organizers; however, the admin fee is non-refundable. Entries may also be self-edited up until the 11.59pm on the closing date.
4. The awards are open to any business or project that has commercially launched, been redeveloped or shown substantial innovation / measurable progress during the awards period, which runs from July 10th, 2015 until September 10th, 2016.
The ‘Innovation’ categories are exceptions to the rule regarding commercial launch status (ie. may still be in Beta phase at the time of the judging process) due to the ‘innovative’ nature of their criteria.
5. Entrants are strongly encouraged to submit joint entries with partner companies where applications, products, projects or services have been jointly developed and/or launched (i.e. a retailer jointly submitting with their mobile agency/apps developer)
6. Entries will be judged solely on the information provided via the online entry form (including video demos provided in support of the entry). Please do not send any additional supporting materials, as this will not be considered (e.g. documents/presentations)
7. All entrants are required to upload a visual demonstration of the company’s product, service or application. We ask that you send links to videos that have been uploaded to an existing online channel, such as YouTube or Vimeo.
Please ensure any website access details, usernames and passwords needed for judging are supplied, that they work, and that they will continue to work until the Awards Ceremony.
MEF reserves the right to use submitted footage for introducing short-listed companies during its awards ceremony (PLEASE NOTE we will request additional video footage from all finalists).
8. The Meffys organizers reserve the right to refuse any entry at the company’s discretion. They also reserve the right to move an entry into a different category if deemed more suitable. In both instances, the entrant would be notified.
9. By entering the Meffys, companies are expressly authorizing MEF to use the specific text and visual materials submitted for the purposes of promoting the industry in presentations, reports for publication, website and media activities as well as other forms of promotions/publicity materials.
10. The judges’ decisions are final and there will be no further correspondence in this regard. Details of the judging panel sessions will not be disclosed.
11. The winners will be announced on December 1st 2016. Date and venue TBC
It is very important that you fully complete the online entry form. In particular, details on usage and proven success in the market (backed by financials) should be provided. The more information you supply, the better the judges will be able to assess your entry.
For the purposes of judging, all entries will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be viewed by the judging panel and the awards organizers. However, in order to showcase the nominees at the Meffys Awards Ceremony, some information may be taken from the shortlisted companies’ written entries. Please clearly indicate any information on either the entry form or supporting material that is commercially sensitive and for the judges’ eyes only. Only details of the award winners and short-listed entries in each category will be published.
Cost to Enter
There is a non-refundable admin fee of £50 payable upon submission. This admin fee is to contribute to the cost of the online entry system and judging platform.
The international judging panel is consists of expert and independent journalists, analysts, academics and VCs. Make the most of your entry with some useful tips to help you along the way:
“Being a Meffys judge reminds you that, however much you think you know about mobile content and commerce, you’re barely scratching the surface. Every year, you get exposed to fascinating and innovative services from all over the world. That’s a real pleasure. What’s less pleasurable is finding a winner. But simply, we look for original ideas with demonstrable success in the market.” Tim Green, Editor & Founder of Mobile Money Revolution
“As a judge, I am looking for innovative products that have multiple application and can scale. Ideas that have considered real world problems and can be ported to various parts of the world. Interesting ideas, that have been well thought out. Also something fun.” Michelle Atagana, Editor of Memeburn
“What I look for in a Meffy entry is an example of a campaign, service or product that is built specifically for the personal and very interactive platform; something that hasn’t just been adapted from another media; and something that rightly demonstrates that mobile has the ability to positively affect a company’s bottom line.” Lara O’Reilly, Senior Reporter at Marketing Week
“In such fast moving, innovation-driven environment as mobile, judging awards is always difficult… I think as well we need to look at the benefits technology can bring to society more widely than just making money. So I shall be looking out for things that help, create and prosper.” Paul Skeldon, mobile journalist & consultant
More top tips from the judges:
“I look for originality, good results, good and effective use of technology”
“It’s not informative when real results are not shared just saying ‘the client was pleased with the campaign’ isn’t good enough. Share figures and real data, everything is kept confidential between the judges”
“I’m looking for innovation, innovation, innovation!’
“It’s exciting to see diversity within the mobile industry. The most important thing for me to see while judging is a well written entry that follows the guidelines set out in the entry requirements.”
“I’m looking for entries with the ‘wow’ factor or something that uses technology, whether old or new, in a completely different way”
Celebrating their 13th year the Meffys are the international benchmark for success and innovation in mobile content and commerce. Backed by Mobile Ecosystem Forum’s global community and a dedicated PR campaign, entering the Meffys means you can benefit from leveraging a global platform. All shortlisted finalists videos are shown at the awards show attended by the world’s mobile leaders and media. Winners are profiled on video and via the MEF blog www.mefminute.com providing visibility across an extensive international network. And you get a cool trophy!
The eligibility period runs from July 10th, 2015 to September10th, 2016. This means your product or service or app must have been launched and commercially available during this period. For the Innovation Awards this includes beta products. Content or services that were significantly updated within this period (e.g. not a bug fix) are also eligible to enter.
The entry deadline is WEDNESDAY 5th OCTOBER 2016
Yes a PR agency can prepare and submit your award entry on your behalf. Agencies: please ensure that the name of the company and entry is that of your client on behalf of who you are making the submission.
There is no limit to the number of entries a company can submit – both in individual categories or across multiple categories. The £50 admin fee applies per company.
No, Meffys is open to companies of all sizes and celebrates the successes across the mobile ecosystem – from start-up to multinational. The Meffys includes Innovation categories focussing on new ideas and technology within the mobile industry. Start-ups are actively encouraged to enter the awards. All entries are judged as equal based solely on the data and information provided within the entry form.
The Meffys are judged by global panels of industry experts that includes analysts, journalists, VCs and academics. Every year Meffys appoints new judges within each of the categories so if you have entered and not won before be assured that a fresh set of eyes will be assessing your entry.
The judging will take place in early October 2016. The finalist shortlist will be announced in late October.
Yes. Five entries per category will be shortlisted and showcased at the Award show, where the winner of each category will be announced.
We will contact all entrants as soon as possible after the judging sessions to confirm status of your entry.
Tickets to the Award show will be available for purchased via the ‘Attend the Awards’ link soon. The Meffys are attended by international mobile industry’s movers and shakers to celebrate the best in mobile.
No. Winners are strictly announced at the awards show.
The 2016 Meffys Awards announcement will take place on December 1st 2016 more details to follow soon.
To ensure that the Meffys are accessible to all companies within the mobile content and commerce ecosystem there are no submission fees in 2016. However MEF is a not-for-profit organization and a £50 admin fee is applicable for each submission. This contributes to the costs of online administration of the entries submission and judging. Thank you for supporting the Meffys 2016.
If we’ve not answered your question here please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on twitter @MEF using #meffys